Logistic innovators look forward to getting rid of the rigid legacy on-prem applications and adapt a modern, flexible, end-to-end solution that matches the fast pace and the dynamics of the business environment today.
Which ultimately concludes to moving to the cloud. A 2018 survey by IDC reported that 75% of companies feel that clous is critical to deliver supply chain excellence both today and in future.
Cloud provides a wealth of benefits to logistics businesses, including low upfront costs, secure access, faster deployments, simplified integration, continuous upgrades and effortless scalability.
Capabilities of cloud computing in logistics
Logistics require a higher level of flexibility and a scalable infrastructure. Capgemini consulting had reported the top challenges faced by logistics companies, in which among the biggest challenges faced are in everyday operation i.e. transportation costs, business process, customer service, and supply chain visibility. Majority of which are solvable with cloud computing. There are two main opportunities here:
- Connectivity – Accurate and real time visibility for dynamic, interactive, and secure supply chain management
- Unification – Borderless collaboration within multi-tenant environments accessible via a single gateway
- Scalability – seamless migration and development of new modules, process optimization and user onboarding
- Rapidness – Enhanced response to supply chain disruption, last-mile postponement, and increased demand for logistics services
- Cost reduction – Scalable on-demand IT infrastructure maintained and supported by a cloud provider
- Business intelligence – actionable insights for data-driven decision making and automated execution
- Process acceleration – Rapid updates and integration of logistics operations with customer businesses via open APIs
- Customer satisfaction – Targeting of solutions to exact customer needs
Logistics is a part of a bigger supply chain circle. Cloud is the ideal intersection of various systems that reinforce each other for transparent and effective processes.
LogicEra is a cloud service provider in UAE, offering cloud migration for logistics and more. We are currently offering a Free POC, fill the form below to avail the offer.
Cloud Testing Tools
Here’s a list of most popular cloud testing tools:
- Cloud Assault
- HP LoadRunner
- Parasoft SOAtest
How LogicEra can help?
Design, delivery and operational support of compute, storage and virtual network infrastructure with LogicEra, a managed IT services provider.
Helping you monitor and manage system software, service consumption and infrastructure configurations using proven processes and tools. Our managed services offerings include reducing uncontrolled consumption.