Shipserv had a strong business solution however the challenges of legacy architecture of over 2 decades and solution evolution was being done to address temporary business ask rather than long term sustainable run. This resulted in a technical landscape that evolved over time through vast reactions to industry with focus on single customer requirements but lacking a coherent planned objective. The current technical landscape hindered ShipServ’s ability to be reactive and agile to market demands, where any change/update to the existing platform needed to be done in various isolated systems across various technologies. This process also added large risk of failed implementations as change in each system was highly dependent by virtue of the data layer and associated services coupled tightly together.
In addition, the customer had complex uptime and SLAs asks as their business revenue gets impacted with downtime, several legacy applications and Oracle DB that was out of support.
The ask was to modernize and structure resources to build a modern platform for a scalable e-procurement business to allow revenue optimization with speed in supplication and API development and have data insights guiding performance.
Understanding the customer’s challenge and ask, Logicera commenced the customer dialogue on parameters of modernization of the business and future scalability starting with windows server migration to Azure and SQL server migration to Azure. This was further enhanced by showing a structured roadmap to a full Devops practice.
Approach taken was
- Multiple engagements with the customer on the value proposition of Azure, current and future platform capability and scalability
- Dedicated architects from Logicera assigned to the project to drive POC and deployment.
- Leverage of OCP resources , Architects to advise and trouble shoot and support the partner
- Leverage of Fast Track to support the partner and customer best practice architecture advisory.
- ECIF to showcase a successful POC for Circle CI, Azure DevOps, Jenkins environments for the customer to test the deployment of Micro Services for error free and quicker deployment.(10 Micro Services, 16 Applications); Set up of Kubernetes Cluster, HDInsight-Kafka, Spark.; Showcase of Azure functions capabilities to replace the existing complex codes running on VMs. Refactoring the existing complex codes to be able to run with Azure Functions. Showing the management capabilities of the services
- Datacenter Migration to Microsoft Azure
- Azure SQL
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Synapse (under implementation)
- Oracle on Azure .
The migration was completed in record time and LogicEra delivered a robust, compliant, highly-available e-procurement platform. With improved tools and processes, LogicEra reduced their time to deploy solutions.